About the event
Source Africa will bring together business leaders and decision makers from across Africa, providing opportunities for African and international buyers to network with African manufacturers. By bringing Africa to the world of Sourcing, Source Africa provides unparalleled resources and opportunities to buyers … all under one roof.
Source Africa will market innovative technologies and production services as well as display African collections and production capabilities. It will show off the quality, creativity, reliability, and sophistication of apparel manufacturing in Africa targeting a global audience of buyers, business leaders and service providers.
Source Africa will feature the following:
- Two full days of trade exhibition and business matchmaking programme on 10 and 11 April 2013 promoting African manufactured products and highlighting trade opportunities of textiles, apparel and footwear.
- Country pavilions from Lesotho, Mauritius, Madagascar, Swaziland, South Africa, Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe. The pavilions will be the centerpiece of the more than 130 African exhibitors.
- Individual participation from Tanzania, Ghana, The Gambia, Ethiopia, Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, etc.
- Business seminars led by American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) on 9th and 12th April addressing why sourcing apparel from Africa makes sense, explaining what apparel buyers want from Africa, and highlighting textile and apparel investment opportunities in the region. Furthermore, it will address compliance and proper environmental stewardship and best practices, labeling product safety and customs barriers.
- Source Africa cocktail reception (by invitation only) on 9 April 2012 at 17.30 featuring African industry and government leaders, exhibitors, local and international buyers, media, industry associations and other important VIPs.